Exclusive Discounts and Solutions for CHLA Members Through Hospitality Alliance Program
The California Hotel & Lodging Association (CHLA) is part of a strategic alliance program to help address the diverse needs of the hospitality industry. The Hospitality Associations Alliance, a strategic alliance platform created by UnitedHealth Group, offers exclusive discounts and solutions that benefit CHLA members and their employees.
UnitedHealthcare offers the following health care discounts for CHLA members:
- Up to a 5% discount on manual medical rates for fully insured groups with 101 or more full-time employees.
- An annual invoice credit of up to 5% on administrative fees for new self-funded medical products for self-funded groups with 100 or more full-time employees.
- Up to a 5% discount on specialty benefits (dental, vision, life, disability, accident and critical illness) for fully insured groups – in addition to all other discounts including bundling benefits programs.
- UnitedHealthcare Expands Access to Care, Support and Resources to Help People and Families Address COVID-19
Ask your broker for a quote or contact Tonya Johnson at email@example.com.
Individual + Family health Insurance
Now available for CHLA members! Your part-time and full-time team members can access affordable personal health insurance. The Affordable Care Act/Exchange plans cover pre-existing conditions along with a list of essential health benefits. Through this program, your employees can:
- Speak directly to licensed agents and receive quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Access any qualifying federal subsidies as part of the enrollment process.
- Immediately enroll in medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and Medicare coverage programs.
Enrollment is open November 1 - January 31, 2023 and Individual & family plans require no employer participation or contributions.
Click below to learn more or call (855) 665-2756.
I Missed My State’s Open Enrollment Deadline. Can I Still Get Healthcare Coverage?
Don’t worry! If you missed the enrollment deadline in your state, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) that will allow you to apply for health insurance if you have experienced a qualifying life event. Qualifying life events can include:
- A change in your home address
- The loss of health insurance through a job or aging out of a parent’s policy at age 26
- Household changes such as marriage, divorce, a death in the family, or having a baby
You have 60 days to enroll in a plan if you qualify for an SEP. But, if you miss that 60-day window, you will have to wait until Open Enrollment in 2022 to enroll in an individual health insurance policy for 2023.
For more information, visit our partner page California Hotel & Lodging Association | Hospitality-Health.com or call: 1-855-665-2756.
Telemedicine: Discounted Virtual Visits with Health Professionals
HealthiestYou from Teladoc offers employees the ability to safely seek medical or mental health assistance from the comfort of their homes anytime of the day or night. For just $19.99 a month, employees can purchase this service directly to give their entire family access to 24/7 care with no copays.
- Unlimited access to virtual visits for medical and mental health conditions along with neck and back care, dermatology, nutrition counseling, and expert medical opinions.
- Employee purchase price is $19.99 per month for unlimited virtual visits (includes all services for all family members at no additional cost).
- No copayments or hidden charges
- All employees eligible: full time, part time, and furloughed
- No employer participation is required.
Are you an Employer? Employers can purchase this service for their employees for $9.50/employee per month with the same access to unlimited care. Click here for more information or to purchase this product.
OptumPerks - Free Pharmacy Discount Card
- Saves employees and their families up to 75% (average savings of about 40%) on all FDA-approved prescription medications.
- Accepted at more than 62,000 pharmacies nationwide.
- Cards are pre-activated and easy to use - no registration required.
- No fees are associated with using this card.
- Administered through OptumPerks. This discount card program is not insurance.
Click the following link for a list of free mental health resources and communities that can help employees manage stress, gain insights into medical issues and solutions, access substance abuse resources, and more!
Active Minds – Resources to stay mentally healthy during this crisis time. (Active Minds Hospitality Guide)
Access a free resources hub for help during the COVID-19 pandemic, including stress management, community building from a distance, and tips for remote workers.
PatientsLikeMe - The world's largest personalized health network helps people find new treatments, connect with others and take action to improve their outcomes.
Access a community for anyone concerned about symptoms and/or diagnosed with COVID-19, as well as anyone suffering from anxiety and depression, to come together and discuss coping mechanisms and support each other here.
Ben’s Friends – Hospitality-focused substance abuse support network.
Join a safe environment with others who understand the unique challenges experienced by people on the front lines in restaurants, hotels, and other hospitality industries. Click here to find a meeting near you or access telephonic meetings.
Substance Use Disorder Helpline - In crisis? Call for immediate help anytime from anywhere.
A person and/or a family member may talk with a licensed recovery advocate about their concerns and needs, get a referral to a professional who can develop a personalized treatment plan and access family support resources. Call 1-855-780-5955, or visit liveandworkwell.com/recovery.
- Some restrictions and exclusions apply. Discounts may vary by location and group size.
- Insurance coverage provided by or through UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company, UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company of Illinois, Inc. or their affiliates. Administrative services provided by United HealthCare Services, Inc. or their affiliates. Health Plan coverage provided by or through UHC of California DBA UnitedHealthcare of California.
- Health savings accounts (HSAs) are individual accounts offered by Optum Bank®, Member FDIC, and are subject to eligibility and restrictions, including but not limited to restrictions on distributions for qualified medical expenses set forth in section 213(d) of the Internal Revenue Code. State taxes may apply. Fees may reduce earnings on account. This communication is not intended as legal or tax advice. Please contact a competent legal or tax professional for personal advice on eligibility, tax treatment and restrictions. Federal and state laws and regulations are subject to change.